domingo, 27 de octubre de 2013

The Voice of Miley Cyrus


Cyrus performing during the Wonder World Tour in 2009
Cyrus is a contralto, and with a "Nashville twang" in both her speech and singing voice. Songs such as "These Four Walls" have been noted as prime examples of Cyrus' twangy vocals. In her song "Goodbye", Cyrus' vocal performance is more "roosty" with a more "natural-sounding accompaniment"  In "Party in the U.S.A.", Cyrus' vocals display an undertone of alternative country twang and features belter refrains. Cyrus' vocals for the song "Obsessed" are noted as being "husky."Throughout her career, Cyrus has experimented with altering her voice. Songs such as "Fly on the Wall" see Cyrus' voice processed to sound different. In "The Time of Our Lives", Cyrus' vocals display a prominent use of auto-tune, and are influenced by New Wave music. The songs taken from her Can't Be Tamed album further explore the use of auto-tune on Cyrus' vocals. The album's title track is noted as using auto-tune throughout various portions of the song's lyrics. When reviewing the Wonder World Tour, Dave Paulson of The Tennessean stated, "Cyrus' spectacle sets her apart from nearly every other A-list act touring today. She's not a renowned vocalist by any stretch, but her show's choreography barely provides a moment for her to catch her breath, and she's still able to deliver."

Early summer of 2012 Cyrus performed some of her favorite songs such as Look What They've Done To My Song, Lilac Whine, and Jolene, which she and her voice were both highly praised by critics. Cyrus' voice has been highly praised by other artists. Katy Perry was asked at the iHeartRadio Festival if she would ever collaborate with Cyrus and responded "I don’t know…maybe…she’s got an incredible voice. I have heard her sing ‘Wrecking Ball’ before that single came out and I tweeted about it a long time ago before it even came out and I was just so excited about it for her. She’s got a set of pipes that are incredible." Mike Will Made It stated in the MTV documentary, Miley: The Movement, "I said to my managed 'I wanna work with her' and he just reached out. You know, I was just like, 'oh my god, you guys have not idea how crazy this girl's voice is.' You hear her sing Jolene and you just go okay." Juice J, who teamed up with Cyrus and Wiz Khalifa for "23," said he's still in disbelief that he got the opportunity to work with her. 

"I never thought I would collaborate with Miley Cyrus, but I am so glad it happened," Juicy said. "It's like not even real to me! I have to pinch myself. It's almost like a dream come true 'cause she is super talented. We made a lot of great records together." J. Cole also gave his take on Cyrus' talents saying he thought her previous duet in 2010 with Dolly Parton was "amazing" and he would jump on a song with her if the right one came along. "I saw her sing on stage with Dolly Parton and I thought it was pretty amazing," the "Crooked Smile" rapper said. "She is talented actually I think beyond all the extra publicity." Ed Sheeran stated that he thought Cyrus had an amazing voice, especially in Wrecking Ball, but she was using it in the wrong way. "I think she's got an amazing voice. I just think she's packaged the wrong way," Sheeran told The Mirror, Entertainmentwise reports. 

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario